Monday, April 11, 2011

Happy Birthday Dad!

The best dad on Earth had a birthday last Saturday, my dad!  I found the perfect item to send him, chocolate dipped cherries.  I hope they were tasty, I believe they were since both he & my mom said they were good.  You never know, if it's not the peak of cherry season, will the fruit be tasty or under-ripened, etc.

I've been thinking about my parents a lot lately and how lucky I am to have been born to them.  Memories I have of my dad:
  • Pushing me on the backyard swing set when I was wee little.
  • Taking me to go see E.T. (mom was having some women over for cocktails).
  • I was his favorite subject when he dabbled in photography.  (I didn't look like a very happy model.)
  • He always sent me (and mom) Valentine flowers.
  • I remember realizing his favorite pie is cherry on a camping trip with extended family.  I always went right past the cherry for apple or pecan or anything with real meringue.  I decided to give cherry a try, and it IS good!
  • I remember the first time he taught me to drive.  It was past the old "S" curve on the way home, and I felt like I was going 135 mph, when in reality I was going only 45!!!  I will never forget that exhilarating feeling of driving for the first time.
  • I remember the first time I saw him in a tuxedo, made me cry.
  • My first scuba diving trip was (probably) his last, and bless his heart, he was seasick the day before on re-certification.  But he still went, cause I wanted to go.  Thank God he was there, too. 

I hope his birthday was the very best and so many more to come!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to your dad!!!

donna said...

Happy Birthday to T's dad! You must have been a great one to turn out such a fantastic kid.

Becky said...

Happy Birthday T's dad! Hope you had a great day!!

Toddy said...

I bet those cherries are gone. Mr. Sweet Tooth there in OK don't let stuff like that sit! Happy BDAY!