Thursday, April 7, 2011

Glass Half Full -or- Glass Half Empty

Does life suck or is it just a phase?!?  I believe things could get worse.  I mean, I could be living in California, the only state where housing prices have fallen EVEN MORE than where I am.  I heard a statistic today--that housing has fallen 65% in CA.  Thank God I'm only down 50% (sarcasm intended).  But on the bright side we're healthy (for now), and have benefits for which I am very thankful.

Life could be....better.  So much better.  I keep thinking about four years ago and how I wish we had never moved here.  WHY, WHY, WHY did I move?!?  What was I thinking.  Oh yea, that it was a step UP, and that it would be BETTER, and that I was GOING somewhere.  Well, that didn't work out to well, did it?!?  I know, quit beating myself up over it, I couldn't have known, it happened for some reason, bla bla bla.

The bright side:
  • I love the dry, high altitude climate--Who knew?!?  However, I can feel myself prematurely aging and wrinkling as I breathe.  Oh wait, that isn't positive.
  • The dogs LOVE it out here.  No ticks, fleas, poison ivy, very few mosquitoes, and lots of rivers to go swimming.  Plus the West is just SO MUCH MORE dog friendly than the mid-west.  You just have to visit to understand what I'm talking about.
  • I can take my dog into Home Depot.
  • I can be in the mountains in 30 minutes.  Or the desert.
  • We have the hottest nicest mail lady this side of the Rockies.
  • Last but not least, actually most important of all, Tricia.
That's my bright side list of this Hell Hole.

1 comment:

TRICIA said...

Right back at you. I thank my lucky stars every day for meeting you.