Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Can They Make Segregated Baggage Returns, One Just For Dumb People?

I know I'm not going to offend any of my friends with kids, cause y'all are smarter than this.  I'm not even going to go into the safety issues I have with this topic.  You're welcome.

There are some places kids shouldn't be allowed to play.  I personally think public restrooms should be at the top of the list (because ewwwww, that is just gross!), followed closely by a crowded airport luggage carousel.  I don't care how cute that stupid couple THOUGHT their kids were yesterday, when they *have* to be up front waiting on a bag and there isn't an inch of space to spare in the first place with all the adults jockeying for position, something is wrong.  I can understand if there was plenty of free space, or if it was a single parent (I'd never leave a kid alone even picking up a bag in a crowd).  The dad was staying back about 10 feet (possibly trying to act like he wasn't with them?).  The mom was like 2 feet behind the kids.  The 5 year old and probably 7 year old couldn't have lifted that damn bag if they had wanted to.  And to make it even worse, their bag didn't even come out on THAT carousel.

I think luggage carousels may have a WIFI dim-wit feature picked up internally by stupid parents.  Some parents get there, and all common sense goes right out the automatic sliding doors before they even think about walking through them.  There was another trip I took a few months ago, and in a crowded area, the two parents let their kids run from one end to the other as fast as they could.  They actually encouraged the competition.  What is WRONG with those people?  They almost took out one old lady.  And you knew it was going to happen.  The little one tripped, skinned his knee, and then all bloody hell broke loose.  C'MON, THEY DIDN'T SEE THAT COMING????  It was JUST what travel weary people needed to experience.

And while I'm complaining, why can't people respect my personal space while at a baggage carousel.  I swear I have "I don't exist" on my forehead when I'm standing there clearly waiting.  I, unlike 99% of the general population, stay back a step or two, because if someone else has a bag coming out, I'm not going to make them step around me to get it.  Twice, someone came right up in front of me and stood there and there was room for them to go elsewhere.  One lady did it and I stepped right beside her with no personal space to spare.  Perhaps she felt my presence and moved, but more likely she was oblivious.  If everyone would just take a step back and chill out, we could all get our bags in an orderly and respectful fashion.  But no, you'd think they were in line for some grand prize instead of their bag of dirty underwear.  Yesterday in the airport waiting on my bags I was reminded of the movie with the penguins that would say "Mine, Mine, Mine, Mine, Mine, Mine, Mine".  Get me the heck outta there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Other people and their obnoxious kids suck.

Also, love your new tickers! Going to go check them out.

Toddy said...

It's the "It's all about me" mentality that's been around for a decade. No Kids allowed though is becoming more popular, see http://www.cityofmoms.com/child-free-no-kids-allowed-ban