Thursday, July 7, 2011

Time Machine Fantasy

Todd reminded me that it was 4 years ago TODAY that we pulled out of our driveway in KS to make our Great Migration West. I remember feeling all Clampet-like with stuff on the roof, piled high on the trailer, and crammed into every nook and cranny of that vehicle. Our 3 pups had JUST enough room.

Who knew that hotel rooms would be at a premium on Saturday, 7/7/07? It seemed that everyone in Lincoln, NE was getting hitched that day. We just wanted a clean bed where they would accept dogs. We found a bed. The cleanliness was questionable.

I remember waving bye to the hood as we drove away knowing that I'd miss them and we would never be lucky enough to find a neighborhood like that again. I wondered what in the world we had in store for our futures. Suzie was preggers with the first kiddo and I knew so many people were going through major life changes. Wow, it's amazing how the last 4 years have both flown and crept by at the same time. Where has the time gone? And... where have these wrinkles come from? ;-)

1 comment:

Toddy said...

And where are the chickens?