Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Fashionably Late

When I started my potential Migration Back to the Midwest, I stopped into the store at the airport for a magazine.  I forgot to grab something at home to entertain myself on the flight.  I realized they sold books that were not so overpriced that I'd die of shock.  So I called my best buddy for a recommendation between two titles that I recognized from her book reviews.  I could go for a deep, intriguing read.  She highly recommended The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.  I know our other buddies who read a lot had read this book too, so let me just say right now:  Y'ALL WERE SO RIGHT!!!  I am late to the party, I know.  What a great book this is, especially after the first 80 pages.  I cannot wait to buy/start the second one since I have another flight in about 2 weeks.

It seems that the only time I have to read is when I am on a plane.  I wish I could carve out an hour every day to read for pleasure, but when I read before I sleep, it just wakes up my brain.  So reading at night is not good for me.

Oh, and if you see me giving you dirty looks on the plane because you are yapping your head off to the total stranger beside you, and everyone within 5 aisles can hear you, it's not me.  It's totally you.

1 comment:

Toddy said...

If I'll like it, I'm next. I sent my last one to your Ma the other day, and I don't want to buy anything!