Friday, July 15, 2011

Tick Tock, Tick Tock

In my last post, I said we weren't all planning-the-move yet.  Well, a miracle has happened.  A HUGE miracle, as a matter of fact.  The Jello has gelled.  We GOT the house.  I am still in a state of total shock and disbelief.

It's kind of like when I was trying to land my job.  I was very confident when I spoke to the interviewers on the phone--the conversation genuinely went well.  But then it took months to hear back and I had actually given up.  Then I came out for the interview and I was calmly confident that everything would be a yes, because everyone I spoke with was a real joy to meet.  It was actually a fun 2 days of interviews.  Then, when the HR recruiter called with the offer, and after I accepted, this wall of -WOW- hit me.  I knew it felt right, I knew it should happen, and I knew it was the right thing for us.  But when it's an actuality, it's hard to believe.  Now, I have that same euphoric feeling about the house.

It's amazing that some really big things are finally falling into place for us.  As of today, Todd is starting a WHIRLWIND month until the packers are there to pack us up.  The clock is ticking.  Poor Todd.

I'm so excited about our new home for several reasons.  Let me hit the highlights:
  • It's newer with tall ceilings and nicely textured walls.  This place is a century newer than some of the other places we saw.  There is a room for everything we need.  Mom & Dad get a KING sized guest bed, as they should.
  • It's on almost 8 acres.  We were looking for half that amount, but at least it's pretty flat and has gorgeous grass.  Our pups haven't lived with much grass in so long, they wont know what to do first.  Roll on it, or eat it.
  • We have no restrictions.  Let me repeat that for emphasis.  We have NO RESTRICTIONS.  We can park our to-be RV anywhere we want.  We don't have to build it it's own little house in which to park.  It can be parked ANYWHERE WE WANT!!!!
  • BIG ASS BASEMENT.  I mean HUUUUUGE.  It's big enough, with extra tall ceilings for ALL of Todd's STUFF.  Really.  I didn't think this house existed.  Bonus:  it's a walkout!!!
  • Y'all are not going to believe this one.  It's almost the best.  I GET TO PARK MY VEHICLE ***IN*** THE GARAGE!!!!  For like EVER.  Seriously.  Cause all the crap stuff will be in the basement.
  • Last but not least:  CHICKENS.  Come on, you knew this was coming.  Didn't you?  WE GET TO HAVE CHICKENS!!!!!  Cause remember?  I said no restrictions.
Finally, a place meant JUST for us.  I feel a puppy in my future.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not holding my breath that you get to park in the garage. Just sayin'!

:)

Becky said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you!

Toddy said...

That's not what a garage is for Miss. You didn't notice all the prior owners cars were parked outside, and the mower was in the garage!