Sunday, July 3, 2011

A Day In The Life In Oklahoma, Part 2

Today, I rested, relaxed, and took it pretty easy. I worked hard keeping my eyes closed as long as possible this morning, and then did a little watering of plants. That was the extent of what little work I did.  I visited with my parents, brother, nephew, and had a surprise visit from my uncle & aunt!

Now for the grand finale: dinner. Chicken fried steak, mashed home grown red taters, cream gravy, home grown green beans cooked with onions and bacon, and homemade buns. Not just any buns. My mom's infamous buns. From Heaven.

A picture of tonight's loveliness:

3 comments:

TRICIA said...

I wish there was such a thing as smellavision. The dinner looks so delicious. My mouth is watering over the buns. Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

These pictures make me want to weep. Before I die, I want your mom to cook this food for me.

Toddy said...

I still can't get my buns to be tall and fat. Still good, still short.