Saturday, July 30, 2011

This Chapter Is Almost Over

I've yapped about this topic before, but it has been on the forefront of our minds lately.  We are really blessed with great family and great friends.  I can't count how many people in KS, MO, & OK who are excited to have us back in the area.  They've emailed, called, FB'd, etc.  We feel their excitement to have us back and the feeling is reciprocated.  We could not be more excited about getting back to our friends and family.  And there are a couple of lifelong friends we will miss in NV.

I'm fairly certain that we will never have such awesome postal service any other place we could ever live.  Our postal carrier in Sparks truly cares about great customer service.  They take pride in their jobs and it shows.  I joke about Todd's best friend in NV being our mail lady, Amy, but I was never really joking.  He got to see her every day, and she's just as cute as a button.   We both are going to miss her.

I can hardly spend a Friday night without thinking of my Booze & Beads best bud in NV, Tric.  My Friday nights are not what they used to be.  We used to eat, bead & drink the week away on Friday evenings (or just eat & drink).  In the future, she will come visit and I know we will have a great time.  At least I know it's only goodbye for now, and not goodbye for good.  She's such a big help right now.  It's hard to get anyone to help Todd break down boxes or move stuff to/from storage as we prep for the Big Move.  She's helped us out a lot.  Thank goodness since Todd has needed so much help to push through to the end.

The end.  The end of our time in NV is drawing near.  A chapter of our lives is almost over.  And the bookmark I have left is named Tricia.

1 comment:

Toddy said...

Yeah for book marks!