Saturday, July 2, 2011

To Each Their Own

Since I'm back in the Midwest now and I was driving to my parents house, I decided to give country music another try.  I don't know what made me do this, as I've always hated country music with a pretty strong passion.  It rates right up there with rap to me.  But I thought maybe, just maybe I'd like it now that so many other things have changed in my life that I now like that I used to not like.  I've always liked Shania.

Here is the song lyric that sticks in my brain.  Some man with a deep voice, who wasn't exactly a bad singer cracked me up.  About the only good thing I can say is that it had a good beat.  My theory is his 13 year old son wrote the lyrics.  It goes something like this:
Water makes corn.
Corn makes whiskey.
Whiskey makes my baby....
...Feel a little frisky.

REALLY?!?  THAT'S WHAT HE SAID?  They couldn't come up with something BETTER THAN THAT? 

I know I don't have room to talk, because I am a Kelly Clarkson fan.  I voted for her the entire first season of American Idol.  She is an amazingly talented singer.  I made Todd take me to see her (for my birthday) a year or two ago.  She has some pretty stupid lyrics herself.  I'm not exactly the demographic she is targeting.  However, she sounded great and The Black Keys song she sang was really good.

I just don't know about that country music.

1 comment:

Toddy said...

I saw a chicken
Sitting on a stump
For some damn reason
It made me wanna hump

I'm good!