Saturday, March 5, 2011

DRIVERS* Start Your Engines!

Wahoo for the girls!  Way to go, Danica Patrick.  I watched (delayed) her win 4th place in today's Nationwide race at Las Vegas Motor Speedway.  She set a record for the best ever finish by a female driver.  Keep an eye on her, she's going to keep getting better.  I can't wait to see her in victory circle.


Who gives a damn that it ended up being a fuel mileage race.  Think anybody is going to remember that next year when they say how she came in 4th this year?  Nope. 

She's a badass in my book.

Danica Patrick Danica Patrick, driver of the #7 GoDaddy.com Chevrolet, walks on the grid during qualifying for the NASCAR Nationwide Series Sam's Town 300 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway on March 5, 2011 in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Oh, and congrats to Mark Martin for winning the big enchilada.  I think he's pretty cool and so happy to see him win!!!  Totally deserves it.

I've also got my eye on Jennifer Jo Cobb, hoping she does well this season.  Looks like I'm going to have to start watching the truck series too!
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2011/02/jennifer_jo_cobbs_finish_made.html

*Since there were two women in the race, they couldn't say "Gentlemen, start your engines", so it's "Drivers, start your engines"--I love it!

2 comments:

Toddy said...

Women can't drive. We all know that.

Anonymous said...

Someone needs to kick Toddy's ass. I think you are just the woman to do the job.

I was SO excited Danica did so well yesterday. Girls Rule!