Tuesday, March 22, 2011

My Big Goal for 2011

This is a banner year for me.  My goal is to accomplish a sprint level (not a big ole iron man level) triathlon this summer.  It is a totally feasible distance.  I will be swimming, biking, then running, in that order.  I am still torn on which one I want to actually do, but I have my eye on two possibilities.  The Sierra Nevada area is gorgeous, so there are many opportunities to do some amazing courses.  My mountain biking skills are not very technical, so I should probably stick with a street course.  I don't have a road bike, so I will be borrowing or renting one for the actual event.

I have ramped up my physical exercise level, and I am ready to crank it up even more as I get serious about my training.  Wahoo!  This is the year.  This is it.  I'm doing it.

Just FYI, when Todd turned 40, he came home with his ear pierced.  I am doing a triathlon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've said it before, I'll say it again - you are my hero.

Toddy said...

Be quicker if YOU got something pierced.