Wednesday, March 16, 2011

I won, I won!

I'm in a Toastmasters club so that I can master my fear of public speaking.  When I stand up and speak in front of people, I hear my voice shake, feel my palms sweat, and speak at the speed of light without breathing.  I've been able to improve my ability to master my fears.  I have learned to develop a speech with an introduction, body and conclusion.  I still haven't learned to gauge the time so that I know how much I can say in X amount of time, but that comes with practice.

Tonight I spoke about one of my favorite subjects, NASCAR, and I brought home the first place ribbon!!  Yay, go me!  It was one of my favorite speeches that I have delivered, but I relied too much on my notes because of the technical "goals" of the speech (which everyone says the goal of speech #4 sucks).  Whew, glad that one is over!  And it was really fun to deliver.  I found a few other NASCAR fans in the audience!

Go #99!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

& who said NASCAR wasn't educational?

Go T!! I'm so proud of you!!! I hate public speaking. You're my hero!!!

donna said...

Congratulations! Go you!

TRICIA said...

Awesome job girl!!

Becky said...

You fricking ROCK!! Congratulations!

Toddy said...

You ribbon winner minx!