Monday, March 7, 2011

Let Me See Ya Shake Your Tail Feathers

Holy aerobic dancing, Batman, have I missed Zumba!!! I had a total butt kickin' good time tonight dancing like an uncoordinated football player on a ballroom dance floor. IT WAS A BLAST!!! It has been a long time since I have been lucky enough to attend a zumba class. Probably a year. I was never good at it to begin with, but I don't care. It is just an hour of somewhat choreographed chaotic energetic movement. And it is the best aerobic exercise ever. If you've never tried it, it does take a half dozen classes to "get it". But the cool thing is, IF YOU ARE MOVING, YOU ARE DOING IT RIGHT!!!

I walked into class with my pedometer around 2,000 steps. I walked outta there with... Wanna guess? Go ahead, guess. Ok, I'll tell you. ALMOST 11,000 steps!!! I've never gotten that out of an hour exercise class. Ever. And my sweat crystals had sweat crystals!!!!

I quit my old gym yesterday, and I've never felt better. I feel liberated. I am gym shopping and trying every available gym this month to select my final one. How fun is this?!?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know I love you, but I do believe you have a sickness. How can anyone LOVE aerobic dancing? I guess someone has to and it certainly isn't me. You crack me up though.

TRICIA said...

That is an amazing step count. You really were shaking your money maker. I'm so glad you were able to find a Zumba class to enjoy. I might have to give that class a chance.

T said...

Mrs. Irritation, haven't you ever turned up the tunes and just danced wildly around the house like a crazed possessed dancin' fool??!? Keystone is a GREAT dancer!

Tullybird, I will let you know how the zumba at Gold's is.... That may be my gym winner since it's the only one with everything I need. I will try it this weekend into next week. When running on the treadmill at 24hr fitness last night, I could feel the heater and you know how I HATE being hot when I'm trying to work out!